A NEW WAY OF ACCELERATING CALF PERFORMANCE IN HIGH MILK AND LOW MILK SYSTEMS
Calf performance in high and low milk systems
Dairy farmers want to convert their monogastric calves into ruminants as efficiently as possible. The single greatest factor in determining our calf rearing challenge is how much milk they are fed.
How do you feed your calves?
1. High milk feeding (>6 litres / calf / day). Can limit solid feed intakes, impacting rumen development. After weaning, calf growth, health and performance can deteriorate.
2. Low milk feeding (<6 litres / calf / day). Accelerates solid feed intakes and weaning age. Early starter feed intakes can be challenging.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE: For best results:
Offer Axcelera-C in addition to the existing calf milk replacer and stater feed.
1. HIGH MILK FEEDING. >6 LITRES PER CALF PER DAY
AXCELERA-C achieves faster growth by reducing the post-weaning growth and performance slump
• Growth and performance are maintained through weaning and beyond
• As milk intakes decrease towards weaning, Axcelera-C intakes in the rumen maintain the energy balance and accelerate rumen development.
• Expect a 7-10kg increase 30 days after weaning
How to use
• Feed milk and starter feed as usual
• Wean as usual
• 10 days before and after weaning: Axcelera-C 20% : Starter feed 80%
2. LOW MILK FEEDING. <6 LITRES PER CALF PER DAY
AXCELERA-C accelerates weaning through earlier & higher solid feed intakes
• Increased and earlier solid feed intakes accelerates rumen development
• Calves reach 1.5kg daily dry matter intake target earlier
• Enables earlier weaning – save milk, less labour, reduced scours
How to use
• Continue to feed milk and starter feed as usual
• Week 1-2: 80% Axcelera-C mixed with 20% starter feed
• Week 3 – weaning. 20% Axcelera-C mixed with 80% starter feed
• Calves can be weaned when eating 1.5kg of solid feed a day
Ensure that Axcelera-C is placed into an empty, clean and dry feeder and always remove and clean any rejected solids before offering the following feed. Fresh water and clean straw should always be available.
ANALYTICAL CONSTITUENTS: (USA Product Label - Download)
Oils & Fats 12.0%, Protein 21.0%, Fibre 3.5%, Ash 6.5%, Sodium 0.28%, Copper 51mg/kg
Toasted soya beans, Whey powder, Whey Permeate powder, Vegetable (palm) oil, Oat flakes – heat treated, Calcium carbonate.
ADDITIVES (per kg):
Vitamins: Vitamin A (3a672a- Retinyl acetate) 10000 IU, Vitamin D3 (E671-Cholecalciferol) 3000 IU, Vitamin E (3a700 – all-rac-alpha tocopherol acetate) 100 IU, Vitamin B12 100 mcg
Trace Elements: Calcium Iodate anhydrous (E2-iodine) 4.7mg, Manganous Sulphate monohydrate (E5-Manganese) 312.5mg, Zinc Sulphate Monohydrate (E6-Zinc) 277.8mg, Zinc Chelate of Amino Acid hydrate (E6-Zinc) 202mg, Cupric Sulphate pentahydrate (E4- Copper) 48.0mg, Ferrous Sulphate monohydrate (E1-Iron) 333.3mg, Sodium Selenite (E8-selenium) 0.4mg, Organic Selenium (3.b.8. 10-selenium) 43.5mg.
Antioxidants: Butylated hydroxytoluene 4mg, Propyl Gallate (E310) 0.75 mg
Zootechnical: Enterococcus faecium NCIMB 11181 (4b1708): 1.25 x 109 CFU